Sunday 16 December 2012

Humming Bird


Humble, proud, so serious, self-accepting and assured
Am I so deprived of your quality's? You seem so rare that it's absurd.
You could make my heart beat like the wings of a hummingbird
So much emotion, so much passion, our ideals of love got blurred.

A hundred reasons to forget you, a hundred to refuse
But somehow, in this moment, you have become my muse

Your eyes remind me of your dreams, they are the colour of the sky.
And in my mind they're planted long after you said goodbye.
In fact your on my mind morning until night, the devil in disguise
I tried to conceal or defeat my mind, but my logic went awry.

A thousand reasons to forget you, a thousand to refuse
But you caught me, and now you're torture, and I'm regretfully seduced

I liked it when you were loving, gentle, caring, sweet
And how, like me, you made it all so personal and discreet.
But I felt your feelings were doubting, that under your smile hid deceit
And now I'm just a heartbroken girl, falling at your feet.

A million reasons to forget you, A million to refuse
I know it, god damn it! I can't reach you, I'm always going to lose

I know I've seen the real you, the part you show the least
The drive, in your eyes, I've seen so much light, I wish you could release!
I wish you could believe again, in the angel and the beast
But you've given up your love, your dream's, for society's beliefs.  

I pretend that I forgive you, say I understand, but I know there's just no use
There's a billion reasons to forget you, and a billion to refuse




No comments: